Xtremesoft Appmetrics For Transactions2.0
Optimzes Production Monitoring
For Microsoft MTS AND COM+ Applications
Streamlined Logging, Data Collection, Enhanced Monitoring, Notification and Security Mean Expedient, Business-Based Results
Woburn, Massachusetts: October 31, 2000 - Xtremesoft, Inc, a leading supplier of application management solutions, today announced Version 2.0 of AppMetrics for Transactions, the software component of its Business Bandwidth solutions.
AppMetrics for Transactions enables organizations to manage the success of their eBusiness transactions on Microsoft Windows NT and Windows 2000 platforms. Offering real-time application monitoring console and Interactive Analytics capabilities, AppMetrics for Transactions enables IT operations managers to ensure application health and to provide an early warning system for transaction failures and performance degradation. It is the only software that provides detailed real time and historical analysis of mission-critical applications built on Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) and COM+.
"With AppMetrics for Transactions, we believe Xtremesoft has delivered the industry's most comprehensive management solution for helping IT organizations maintain the health and optimize performance of the logic tier of their transaction-based applications built on a Microsoft platform" said Chris Smith, director of product management at Xtremesoft. "In today's e-business, 'let's do it over the Internet' world, if transactions fail, your business fails. It's that simple."
AppMetrics for Transactions 2.0 offers the following enhancements:
- Optimal Production System Monitoring: Version 2 uses minimal agents to collect production system data, and then provides the capabilities for in-depth data analysis and reporting from a separate machine.
- Improved Monitor Templates: Templates simplify data collection and monitoring tasks. AppMetrics does not require any programming or changes to source code.
- Enhanced alert notification: Users can now choose between three notification options: SMTP (email), Windows Event Viewer or SNMP traps.
- Full Integration with NetIQ's solution: Users with NetIQ's monitoring solution can use the AppManager console to display, alert and report on the metrics and statistics about transactions, applications and components.
- Enhanced security options: Verification capabilities ensure that only authorized professionals can configure, start or stop monitoring processes.
"Customers choose Microsoft COM+ because it includes a mature and widely implemented set of services for building mission-critical applications," said Garth Fort, group product manager for the .NET Application Services at Microsoft Corp. "AppMetrics for Transactions 2.0 provides greater monitoring of these COM+ applications, enabling enterprises to save in both downtime and money."
Recently, Xtremesoft announced that it would extend its Business Bandwidth™ Solutions to manage Microsoft BizTalk Server applications.
"Businesses need to ensure that their applications run at the speed of business, not the other way around," said Steve Weiss, president of Xtremesoft. "Our Business Bandwidth solutions help ensure efficient, effective application performance, which, in turn, enables them to support business goals and objectives."
AppMetrics for Transactions V. 2 is now available. Contact Xtremesoft at www.xtremesoft.com or 1.866.XTREME1 (1.866.987.3631) for more information.
Xtremesoft Business Bandwidth Solutions enable organizations to proactively manage mission-critical applications, providing enterprises with intelligent infrastructure management capabilities to enable their IT organizations to achieve operational excellence and fulfill Service Value Agreements. Xtremesoft is the only company that translates application logic metrics into business performance information. Our solutions manage more than response time - we provide application throughput management capabilities, the foundation that enables businesses to ensure scalability, reliability and performance in today's distributed computing environments. Xtremesoft can be contacted at 866.XTREME1 or at www.xtremesoft.com.